Pianoforte "J.H. Trauman, Hamburg, c.1840"
Museo Histórico Nacional
Buenos Aires - Argentina, 2005
This instrument was built in Hamburg, by J. H. Traumann in s. XIX. It belonged to the compositor Juan Pedro Esnaola, now is in the National History Museum
It maintains some of the particularities of the primitive pianoforte, while already incorporating some of the innovations leading to the current instrument. Based on a requirement for more volume and timbre, the diameters and tension of the chords increased, which required the addition of a half frame, heavier hammers and a more developed mechanic, wich was called “repetition action”.
This instrument was restored by Maria Paula Olabarrieta and Jorge Gonzalez between 2004 and 2005.
Once finished the intervention it was used for concerts and for the recording of a CD about the musical romanticism in the Río de la Plata.